Aspire E 15 Touch (E5-511P) Touchpad stopped working

737red
737red Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there!

I have an 11 month old Aspire E15 Touch (which apparently is officially an "E5-511P". The touchpad has working fine but it suddenly stopped working.

I've rebooted the computer but this had no effect.

I went in to Device Manager and the only mention of "Touchpad" was under "Human Interface Devices" as a "HID-compliant touchpad".  When I clicked on it said "this device is working properly". I clicked on the driver tab and then update driver but it told me that the driver I had was the best driver (after a search).

I decided then to uninstall the driver, which I have now done and the "HID-compliant touchpad" no longer appears. I've done a search of the net but it seems there are different types of touchpads for this model (?).

Many questions:

- I initially ruled out hardware fault because the computer said the "HID-compliant touchpad" was working. Have I made a mistake in believing this?

- How do I find out what type of Touchpad my machine has?

- If I find the correct brand of Touchpad, where should I save the driver (if I can download it)?

PS running WIndows 8.1 64-bit.

Thanks

Damian

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

have you tried pressing Fn+F7?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • 737red
    737red Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Iron Fly

Yes and nothing happens. I can't recall whether i did this before uninstalling "HID-compliant Touchpad"......so may be this was the solution to the original problem (although I'm pretty sure I tried it before uninstalling). However the current problem may be that the TouchPad has been uninstalled....

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you tried to install the Acer drivers?

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5400;-;Aspire%20E5-511P

there are 2 listed for touchpad, if you remember the manufacter or try both.

I'm not an Acer employee.