Aspire E 15 Laptop Freezes

Options
lanej
lanej Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi. My Aspire E 15 is driving me mad. It started failing to wake from sleep. Then it began randomly freezing and needed a physical restart. I've run the ACER diagnostics which say the HDD is fine. I've tried system restore but it doesn't complete. The same goes for trying a reset. I've also tried both in safe mode and they still fail to run/complete. What else can i do?

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Need some more info. How long (roughly how many hours of use) on laptop. Complete model number. Freeze in what way? Locked up? Hestitates? Fails awake from sleep as in acts still asleep and you press power to turn on or press and hold to completely shut off then start up? You attempted system restore or recovery? Does not complete, how far do you get and what error occurs before it finishes? How long when in operation after startup until the freeze happens? Is this only when running certain programs? Did you try say Malwarebytes to check for issue with Windows which is not the same as running antivirus scans? If you boot from external device like a USB flash drive does the system still exhibit the same freeze after some time has past? 

I know, lots of questions but hard to even give an idea of where to start with so little to go on as is. Could be overheating, virus/malware, file corruption, hardware failure etc. The devil is in the details, will get back to you when have more to work with.