Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG Constant Black Screen and Disconnect Sound

J35690
J35690 Member Posts: 2 New User

I just got my new laptop, and it's already unusable. The screen constantly turns off before making a device disconnect/connect sound, then comes back on. At first I thought it was my mouse, but the problem persists even when it is unplugged. I've looked all over but I can't seem to find a clear answer to this problem. How can I fix this? I can barely use my laptop now.

Sorry if this question has already been answered or I posted in the wrong sub. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol AC-BRP on the bottom of the laptop.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol AC-BRP on the bottom of the laptop.

France
  • qnelson
    qnelson Member Posts: 2 New User

I just bought the same laptop and after 2 days of use, am having the same problem.  I get fairly constant disconnect sounds along with a flashing black screen.  I'm currently trying the advice posted below with resetting the internal battery to see if that fixes it.  I'll post here afterwards.

• J35690
    J35690 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks! This appears to have fixed the problem.

• qnelson
    qnelson Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried the resolution and it didn't fix it.  My laptop is an Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM.  Any other ideas?  I followed the suggestion perfectly.  The problem gets so bad that it can be difficult to use the laptop.  You basically hear the disconnect sound and then the connect sound mostly and then sometimes you hear the disconnect sound, the screen goes black, and then you hear the connect sound and the screen comes back.  The mouse goes to the center of the screen when this happens.

• laurent_14

Hi qnelson,

Sorry for the delay. I would check the Windows update history. May be you'll find recent drivers updates for Intel HD or Realtek. It's probably a conflic between two drivers.

France