Aspire 5251-1513 acer.

Options
lorij119gmail
lorij119gmail Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi. I hope im doing this right. I just bought a used Acer Aspire 5251-1513. I cant get the Internet to come on. I tryed FN+F3. This however isnt doing it. i went to action center and i get for everything i try Error message. 0x8007045A.
Soutce= command line
Package id= network diagnostic web

If i try to run any trouble shoot again same thing. If i try to go to help ...it says to contact Acer. So HELLO....
it doesnt say anything when i go into devices manager. It all says that is working properly everything. Except. ATI 1\0 communication processer PCI bus controller. Says is up to date but not working properly.
SM bus. Is not installed.
So now what is there a fix or did i blow 50 bucks. Thankx. Lori

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/2191;-;Aspire%205251

here you will find drivers for your device, i would re-install AMD VGA/Chipset drivers

about Fn+F3 , it will work if Acer launch manager is installed, if it's missing, check on the same webpage under applications.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • lorij119gmail
    lorij119gmail Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you. I appriciate the time... I did do some of the downloads, and it got to be so much that I found the "return to factory"button and so I did that. it, after hours, took some time, im still updating, tho your page helped with my upgrades n such.and Im using the Laptop now. It appears that some one has dropped this. and they didnt take the time to research any of the stuff to fix. So I finally did a great Garage sale...  Seeing I have you here and I could google however, Do you think that reparing the outer case which is cracked n creating a pretty loose connection to power, should I try or see if I cant get another outer case. Not any hole just the seams are apart and the plug is now loose. If i dont payb attention it goes dead and shuts off.

aNY how, THAT WAS THE SOLUTION THANK YOU AGAIN. LORI

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

i don't know if it's worth to search for a whole body.

if the crack is not so bad, you can try to fix with some super glue or dual component epoxy.

I'm not an Acer employee.