Adding SSD to Acer Aspire E E5-573G-52G3

Options
tuckerjr
tuckerjr Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everyone,

I have purchased an Acer Aspire E E5-573G-52G3 laptop, it comes with a 1TB hard drive and no optical drive. I would like to know if it is possible to install a SSD into the optical drive bay with a caddy. I just need to know if there is a connection for it at the bottom of the optical drive bay, as this model doesn't come with the optical drive already I am just unsure.

It will be easy enough to tell when it arrives, just remove the bay cover and look in there and see, but I would like to go ahead and order the drive and caddy if it will work so they will arrive about the same time.

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,080 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

1. This model is equipped with the same motherboard so there is a SATA connector on yours too.
      But you'll need some original parts:
      Spoiler
      42.MVHN7.001 ODD.BEZEL
      33.MLQN7.001 ODD.BRACKET
      86.MQPN7.004 SCREW.M2.0xL3.0 (big head - Qty=2 to fix the bracket)

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by chat or by phone.

2. Example of HDD caddy
    3. Personally I would replace the HDD by the SSD and install the HDD in the caddy.
    France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,080 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

1. This model is equipped with the same motherboard so there is a SATA connector on yours too.
      But you'll need some original parts:
      Spoiler
      42.MVHN7.001 ODD.BEZEL
      33.MLQN7.001 ODD.BRACKET
      86.MQPN7.004 SCREW.M2.0xL3.0 (big head - Qty=2 to fix the bracket)

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by chat or by phone.

2. Example of HDD caddy
    3. Personally I would replace the HDD by the SSD and install the HDD in the caddy.
    France
  • tuckerjr
    tuckerjr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was hoping for.

• laurent_14
    Options

You're welcome

... Don't forget to create the recovery media.
    France