Acer laptop stolen

Options
christopher28
christopher28 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

<p> Last Friday, May 5, 2017, I just woke up without laptop anymore. It was stolen from my room which I really regreted because for almost 5 years extra cared usage.We are all slept at home of which that stealer grab everything I have.

Im quite upset because my files and documents were in the laptop. And I spent a lot of my money on that for its upgrade. 
Can you help me trace it? Do you have any idea how will I recover that one? Please do help me in this matter.

This is the model, 

Aspire E1-471, and the part number NX.M0QSP.001 </p>

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Sorry it was misappropriated without consent. Windows 10 has some features to allow tracking it down.  Bigger concern should be personal information on it. If you used passwords on both bios and windows boot some of the data may be protected. As far as I know of nothing can be done at this end of things. I'd check windows site for info on tracking it down. Their servers are setup to keep track of CPU id and system only information so if it was to go online it could be located via IP address with limits. Good luck. 

• christopher28
    christopher28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your reply,. How will I do that if ever ?

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Well you would have had too plan ahead and say took photos of the activation screen which shows that info. Even with next would be too contact Microsoft and see if they can find you in their system from when you first registered the operating system and then hope they can point you in next step, info to take to law enforcement to find the culprit that has it tho that person may not have been the thief they still would be in possession of stolen property.  Like anything stolen recovery never easy.