Acer aspire m5 model touchscreen laptop

Sherbear
Sherbear Member Posts: 3 New User
I have about a 1-2 year old acer aspire M5 model touchscreen laptop. It worked fine last night then today I went to use it and the blue power on button is flashing and it will not boot up. The keyboard also flashes I plug it in and the Orange charge light is solid and ok

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, remove the battery from your laptop and check if the laptop boots up properly by connecting it directly to the power adapter. If it does, then there can be may some issues with your battery. To confirm this, you can consider using another working battery (if feasible) and check if the issue resolves. If the issue still persists, you are advised to take your laptop to the nearest Acer service center. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/contacts

Hope this will help you.

• Sherbear
    The battery isn't just removable it has a pin hole in the back you can reset it but omce the battery is taken out it cannot be put back in Smiley Sad
  • GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, you are advised to visit your nearest Acer service center by using the link above.

• Sherbear
    I couldn't find a local acer repair place but staples did lead me to a local computer repair place where they found that one of my 4 gn memory chips/card wasn't working I now need to order a new one and have it installed or keep 4 gb ram