Acer aspire e15 running incredibly slow after factory reset

brancaleone
brancaleone Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everyone.

I bought my laptop two years ago, I partitioned it and installed ubuntu on one partition, keeping windows 8 on the other. Everything ran smooth until some days ago the windows partition didn't start after the computer fell on the ground (I think this is the cause, I'm not sure), it kept saying that it was trying to recover something. The ubuntu partition still runs perfectly. Today I decided to reset the windows partition via alt + f10 after some troubles, keeping the ubuntu partition. It worked fine, but now windows runs very very very slow, it needs at least 10 minutes to start, everytime I try to launch a program or even to connect to internet it needs entire minutes etcetera. It is actually impossible to work with it. The thing is that if I launch ubuntu everything works fine, so I don't think it is an hardware issue. Do you have any suggestions?

Answers

• Hi,

Check whether Fast start-up turned on in Power Options.

Capture.JPG

• brancaleone
    brancaleone Member Posts: 2 New User

It took me something like an hour to turn on windows and get to the control panel (everytime I click on something the computer needs like 5 minutes to do that thing) and of course it turned out that that thing is ok. For more information, when the system was completely on I controlled the active processes via ctrl+alt+del and the window (that appeared some minutes after) didn't show any active process. I don't know if this is normal actually, I thought there were always processes active in the background. Any suggestions?