Acer aspire E15 E5-575G-58J2

Options
Tzuchong
Tzuchong Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I just bought this laptop for 2 days but the performance is really slow.. Any advice to boost it?

Intel core i5@2.5GHZ(7200U)
8gb Ram
1tb hdd
940mx 2gb

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,157 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

If you have McAfee trial version installed, uninstall it in Programs and Features, go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, right click McAfee and uninstall.

Go to Task manager(Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons), disable programs in Start-Up tab.

Capture.JPG

• Tzuchong
    Options
    It does slightly better but when I open up an program it still delay and my previous laptop doesn't have this problem actually.. Still have any further advice for me...
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,157 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Go to Power Options(right click battery icon in taskbar), click choose" what the power buttons do" in the left pane, clcik "change settings that are currently unavailable" and make sure the Fast Start-Up is enabled.

In fact, you will be better off getting a SSD and it will be an upgrade which will improve the performance immensely.

Capture.JPG

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

This may be a bit controversial, but turning off Fast Start is the better option in the long term. 

Fast Start does not cleanly shut down the system, and can prevent recovery / repair programs from assisting.

But is a good short term answer while other problems are sorted, like the number of programs and services that are actually running on Automatic.  Some of which could be put to Manual/Delayed Start.

• Tzuchong
    Options
    Done.. It gets better.. Thank for the help.. Now I fully enjoy my laptop performance..
  • huntme1nce
    huntme1nce Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have done all of these I sldo set system performance to performance, diable windows defender, clean boot. This model is really slow even if its brand new. I even reset windows already.

• brummyfan2
    Options

huntme1nce wrote:

I have done all of these I sldo set system performance to performance, diable windows defender, clean boot. This model is really slow even if its brand new. I even reset windows already.

Hi,

If you have a normal HDD at the moment, consider switching to a SSD, it will improve the performance immensely.