Acer aspire E1 boot problems

Options
SmallieBana
SmallieBana Member Posts: 12 New User

I have a great laptop of which i had the pleasure of using for 2 years, but today when i tried to use my laptop it seem to freeze on the windows 10 login screen. 

When connecting a external mouse and keyboard only the mouse seems to work. the keyboard seem not to work at all. I have some knowledge with computers, being an IT student so i have tried to work with the software but it seems to be closed of pretty well. i don't want to install a different kind of windows because of the possibility of losing the functions of the extra buttons.

is there any way i can get my laptop to work again for as it seems to me to be a software problem.

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1. Which model do you own exactly?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • SmallieBana
    Options

the exact model that i own is the Acer Aspire E1 V5WE2. With the first ten digits of the serial number being: NXM8JEH001. 

I hope this helps

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You own an Aspire Aspire E1-572G-54208G50Mnkk according your informations.

Have you updated all Acer drivers for Windows 10? E.g. VGA driver

France
  • SmallieBana
    Options

it's rather hard to install any drivers when all the inputsources for my laptop doesn't work. But before it stopped working i did update all the drivers that were available. 

So if you ment that, then yes i did update everything on my pc. I know how important those updates can be for stability and stuff

• laurent_14
    Options

If I understood correctly, the onboard keyboard doesn't work. Could you confirm that?

France
  • SmallieBana
    Options

the onboard keyboard and the touchpad don't work and when connecting a external keyboard that doesn't work either. When connecting an external mouse, i am able to use that. The problem is that i still can't get past the inlogscreen from windows 10

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Sorry Laurent....

SmallieBana, have you tried to click on Ease of access on the bottom right of your log-on screen and run the virtual keyboard?

just to be able to input your password and have desktop access.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SmallieBana
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. That is one thing i can try, not at home at the moment but the moment i get to try this i will. Is there anything i can do past the loginscreen to get my keyboard and everything working again??

• IronFly
    Options

for sure having a look at Device manager can help to narrow a few things.

• SmallieBana
    Options

i got in my laptop and it seems that the touchpad and the keyboard wont start. according to windows. So this might be a hardware problem after all. 

is there anyway it is possible the fix it myself. i am not that good with the hardwareside of the pc. 

• IronFly
    Options

any yellow exclamation marks or warnings on device manager?

• laurent_14
    Options

No problems Ironfly ... I let you the topic Smiley Wink

I would try resetting battery or a power reset according the model.

France
  • SmallieBana
    Options

there are indeed some exclamation marks with the keyboard and the mouse. When i click on them it says there is some incomplete or damaged data in the register that causes the windows to not be able to start the keyboard and mouse

• IronFly
    Options

Try this:

right click both and choose to uninstall and tick to uninstall software too if asked, then reboot.

• SmallieBana
    Options

i tried it and it did not work.

both devices are still not working and the mouse is now defined as an unkown device

• IronFly
    Options

double click the mouse, select Details tab, from the drop down menu choose HardwareID, click on the first value, copy and paste it here.

• SmallieBana
    Options

the hardware id for my keyboard is: ACPI\VEN_1025&DEV_0759 and ACPI\10250759 and last *10250759

when looking at the mouse is: ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_1B6D  and ACPI\SYN1B6D and last *SYN1B6D

i hope this is what you were looking for??

• SmallieBana
    Options

sorry for the late response but i have tried it and nothing worked. My keyboard and mouse still dont work.

i did all the updates and still nothing.

• IronFly
    Options