Acer aspire 5950G screen upgrade

Options
Simone81
Simone81 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi All,
I know that my laptop in not so new, but it is still a very good machine to work/play with, especially after i put on it an SSD.
By the way, now the time to change the screen come, because several (7 - 9)dead pixel appeared plus another whiter spot. So i was wondering, after days spent on web to figure out how, if its possible upgrade my screen 15.6" from 1366x768 to an 1920x1080. Obviously i know that its not only an issue of dimensions of the new screen and its pin connector, but also the LCD cable that is very important if you want to change it.
Now the question is:

Can i upgrade the screen ? i saw other models from newer acer laptop that "could" fit but they have 30 pin connector instead of my actual screen that is 40.

Which Lcd cable should i use? i saw other cable for newer laptop the have a FHD edp 30 pin screen but im not sure if they fit my motherboard connector ( which i assume has a 40 pin too)

My Snid : **********

S/N: LXRA502067

My LCD is LG  LP156WH3 (TL) (L1)

Im a bit confused right now, if you could suggest me a way to start i would be more than thankful.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]