Acer M5 581TG won't boot

Options
Wanjohi
Wanjohi Member Posts: 5 New User

My Acer won't boot. I was on youtube yesterday and then it switched itself off, it was charging but not fully charged. I tried pressing the power button to boot it, but all it showed was charging light. When I removed the charger after it was fully charged, it didn't boot or show any light. I was away from the laptop for like four hours (it wasn't charging), and when I tried to boot it, it worked. After one hour of being idle, it went blank and won't turn on. I left it over night and it still won't turn on. It's just the charging light that shows. Any assistance will be highly appreciated.  

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,138 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Have you cleaned the DC-IN connector with a contact cleaner spray?

France
  • Wanjohi
    Options

Thanks for your reply, I haven' done that yet. I only cleaned it using a blower. Is it possible to come with some possible explanation as to why my laptop won't turn on and could you explain your suggested solution and why its a solution. Thanks 

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

When the connector is "oxidized" (humidity), there is a contact resistance. This causes a voltage drop.

In this case, your battery won't charge correctly and the voltage on the DC-IN is not exactly the real one (less).

That's not easy to explain in english!Smiley Tongue

France
  • Wanjohi
    Options

Thanks, for your help. The connector was definately the issue. Cleaning it made the charge last longer, but the laptop still switched itself off. The connector was removed and the laptop runned smoothly throughout my testing time (1 hr), and with the cleaned connector on, it run for 10 mins and the touch pad wasn't working. Removing the connector made the touch pad work again. The connector was tested with a tester and it showed some current was still flowing although it was removed from the charge, I think it was causing a short circuit and what you had explained earlier. Thanks, so much for pointing me in the right direction. Let me search for a new one. 

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I indicate to you electronic components webistes (professionals):

- Digi-Key

- RS Components

- Farnell

France
  • Wanjohi
    Options

Thanks

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Sorry Wanjohi! I'm a stupid boy!Smiley Frustrated

1- You need this part to repair your laptop:

50.RZCN2.002CABLE.DC-IN.65W

2- Watch this video of a similar laptop (Aspire M5-581T)

Excuse me again...

France
  • Wanjohi
    Options

Hey laurent_14. Thanks for your continued assistance.

I think I misguided you regarding the component I refered to as a switch.

This is the component am replacing Power Button Board . This is the component I refered to earlier and which test were done.

Thanks.