Acer ES1-511 won't boot, screen turns dark and bright

Options
wugooey
wugooey Member Posts: 1 New User

I have this laptop 11 month old. Just recently upgraded to Windows 10. it won't boot into windows. when I press the power button, the LEDs light up and fans start. then the ACER logo comes up the screen, but then the screens turns dark, a few seconds later, it turns bright, then dark again. it just keeps turning dark and bright with nothing on the screen, after many cycles it shuts down by itself. I can't even access boot menu or bios. after I tried restarting many times, one time it loaded into the recovery mode, and I tried every option in the recovery mode without any success. then I can't get to the recovery mode again ever since. I've tried taken the bottom apart and disconnected the battery. no luck. please help. thanks.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

There is a high probability that the issue is with your display drivers. For further assistance, you are advised to contact Acer support through the link below as the drivers are currently not available for download on Acer website:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can try to enter windows recovery:

try to press Alt+F10 keys at boot

or if Alt+F10 didn't work

create a bootable windows 10 media:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

(to enter recovery from bootable media: choose repair your computer)

From the Recovery screen
    Click on Troubleshoot.
    Click on Advanced Options.
    Click on Startup Settings.
    Click on Restart.
    The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.
    Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted.

once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

reboot normally and check if black/blank screen is fixed.

once 

I'm not an Acer employee.