Acer ES1-111M trackpad doesn't always work in Windows 8.1 & Windows 10

Options
ianwuk
ianwuk Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Hello All.

I have an Acer ES1-111M.  Ever since I bought it it has displayed trackpad isues.

These include:

Trackpad freezing and being unresponsive.

Trackpad freezing and only works again pressing FN and the trackpad ON/OFF key, to only freeze again later.

This happens in Windows 8.1 that it came with and Windows 10 that it has been upgraded too.

It has been taken to two different Acer service centres, looked at, trackpad replaced, works fine for a bit, then stops and displays issues above.

I have tried numerous drivers and driver roll-backs, still no solution.

Now, I am thinking, what if the CPU or RAM gets so overloaded that that is the reason the mouse just freezes, how could I even test if this is the case?  I don't do anything intensive on my laptop, just web browsing and Facebook but it's the only other thing I can think of.

What are the latest Windows 10 trackpad drivers for this model?

Using a USB mouse used to work, now, when I plug in the USB dongle, it doesn't even get recognised by a clean OS installation.  All other USB devices work fine.  It's like the laptop just doesn't want to have a working mouse of any kind.

Can anyone help me?  If I take it an Acer Service Center (Bangkok) they will just tell me some rubbish like Windows 10 is not compatible (the last reason they said was the cause of this) but it clearly isn't the case. 

Many thanks.

Ian

Answers

• mozilla343
    mozilla343 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Thes same problem, but only in Windows 10 lock screen, even keyboard doesn't working, after 3 times clicking on touchpad then opens password field where you can log in. Afterwards all working fine.

• mozilla343
    mozilla343 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

But my computer is VN7-791G

• ianwuk
    ianwuk Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Options

If you restore the OS does the problem still occur?  I have no idea how to fix this issue.

Out of interest, what drivers is your trackpad using?

Thanks.