Acer ES1-111M-C7DE "No Bootable Device"

Options
ericallenpaul
ericallenpaul Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer ES1-111. It was running well with windows 10 and all of the sudden it wouldn't boot.

Hit the power button and you see a flash of the "Acer logo" immediately followed by a screen that says "No Bootable Device".

I cannot get the bios to load, no amount of pressing F2 or delete gets to the bios--it always goes immediatley to the error screen.

I have tried the battery reset button, it did not help.

I think this thing is just barely ourt of warranty.

I don't see how the hard drive could have gone bad but even if it was shouldn;t I still be able to load the bios?

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Acer laptop. If you send a private message we’ll see what we can do to help you.

• ericallenpaul
    ericallenpaul Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    How do i send a private message?
  • Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

ericallenpaul wrote:
    How do i send a private message?

Hi ericallenpaul!

To send a private message, all you have to do is hover your mouse over Acer-Mary's username and from the window that pops up, pick "Send a message" in the bottom left.  Alternatively, you can also visit her profile page by clicking on her username.  On the profile page on the right hand side, just a bit down from the top is "Send this user a private message".  Clicking that will get you to the message box.

Hope this helps!