Acer ES1-111M-C40S BSOD and/or Freezing

Options
dcider
dcider Member Posts: 3 New User

For those with Acer ES1-111M-C40S.

If your having BSOD or just freezing, try changing your your Power settings.
Go to Control Panel> Power Options> Change Plan settings (on the right hand side of your chosen power setting (Balanced is default). Near the bottom, click Change advanced power settings. Scroll down to Processor power management . Click the + button, click the + button on Maximum processor state and change to 95% for both On battery and Plugged in, click Apply and OK.(make sure you click in the body of options or your power plan will change (Balanced..High Performanced..Power Saver. I just changed them all).

This changes the maximum processor speed from 2.66ghz to 1.99ghz (spec says 2.16 but mine showed 2.66 @ 100%) and has solved all my problems except for touchpad freezing once in awhile (just press Fn+F7 to turn touchpad OFF then Fn+F7 again to turn ON).

Hope this helps because I was very frustrated with this laptop before (could not go more than a day without crashing).

Other than that, I'm now very happy. This laptop is only used to surf Internet and read news. There is not enough disk space for anything else (get USB or SD card for storage). Boots fast, dead silent and plays all vidieos.

Answers