Acer E5-575G-57A4 backlit Keyboard?

Options
kdweaver
kdweaver Member Posts: 3 New User

Has any one who purchased the E5-575G-57A4 model either fom the Acer store or NewEgg tell me if it has a backlit keyboard?

Acer store datasheet says it has one, but people who purchased it from NewEgg said it didn't come with this option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

This model has not a backlit keyboard.

France
  • LR856N86
    LR856N86 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hey did you buy one? I bought mine on friday through Acer just because it said it has backlit keyboard. Everything i could find from newegg buyers said it didnt have one. I will be supper upset if the one from Acer isnt. I also found this video on youtube showing the same model number and in one of the shots the keyboard is backlit. i get mine on tuesday. I haver also tryed checking back on the website and its gone. I dont know why they took it off maybe sold out.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w6ldp1fWEk&t=44s

• LR856N86
    Options

So i got the laptop. unfortunately It does not have a backlit keyboard. I called the company and they tell me it doesnt. I and the other person that posted both saw it said it had a backlit keyboard. After complaining hoping i could get a deal on another laptop i got no where. I also went into chat with online acer support and sales and they told me it does have one. I am very upset with this issue but i will keep the laptop due to the fact it is the best you can get for the price. I have played rocket legue and killing floor 2 on high settings and get 55 to 60 FPS. Acer needs to get there information correct but all in all i believe i got a good deal.

• kdweaver
    Options

Thanks Ace and  LR856N86 for following up. There's seems to be no rhyme or reason on how Acer decides whether to make a laptop keyboard backlit or not. Personally, I think all new laptops should have this feature. It adds literally nothing to cost of the device.

Case in point, Amazon has an Acer laptop for $329, with no where near the high end specs as the E5-575G-57A4 model and it has a backlit keyboard. Why? Seems logial to think that the higher end device should have had this feature not the lower end one.

I finally decided to get the Aspire V 15 Laptop - V5-591G-57GW for $499 from the Acer store. It's coming next week, but the specs says it has a backlit keyboard so we'll see.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hi kdweaver,

Yes I confirm that the Aspire V5-591G-57GW has a backlit keyboard. You won't have a bad surprise.Smiley Happy

France
  • LR856N86
    Options
    That looks like a good deal. I hope you do get the backlit keyboard. The format of that spec sheet is the same as the one that was on my laptop. Different specs of course but mine also said backlit keyboard and it wasn't. Now the spec sheet is different because it's sold out. I'm interested to see if yours has the backlit keyboard. I have found the computer is amazing for the small price tho.
  • kdweaver
    Options

Thanks Ace for the confirmation.

LR856N86,

Yes I thought it was was a good deal as well. The 3 things I'm giving up on with this model is:

1. No Full HD screen

2. No SSD drive

3. Memory for the GTX 950M is DDR3 instead of DDR5. (At least that's what one reviewer said, maybe Ace can verify this.)

I can live with these shortcomings for the backlit keyboard.  I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to get a new laptop without this feature.