Acer E5-575G-55KK is giving slight electric shocks while charging

Options
szh
szh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

I just received my new Acer E5-575G-55KK. When I am connecting it to the adapter, the metal body is giving the "tingling effect" of slight electric shocks. What should I do?
Many internet forums have discussed similar matter with other laptops, and most of them held wall outlet as the main culprit, but, my question is why the metal body is carrying this "ground" in the first place? Shouldn't there be any shield to restrict conduction from supply to the body?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Could you please get in touch with Acer Service centre in your region, you have to take any electrical fault seriously.

• szh
    szh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I brought it from USA to my country. This particular laptop model is not available here. I have found an Acer service center here, now I will go to them, probably.

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator
    Options

szh wrote:

I brought it from USA to my country. This particular laptop model is not available here. I have found an Acer service center here, now I will go to them, probably.

Hello @szh,

Were you able to contact our our Service Center in Pakistan?  If you still need assistance, please send me a PM with the Serial Number of the unit and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks.

• alfredojoseneto
    alfredojoseneto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi! I have the same problem with my laptop. It's a new Acer Aspire F5-573-521B. It's arrived yesterday. The metal plate where the keyboard is placed is giving me electric discharges when the laptop is charging. Although, when the laptop is only on the battery, the discharges stop.How do I must proceed?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,157 Trailblazer
    Options

alfredojoseneto wrote:

Hi! I have the same problem with my laptop. It's a new Acer Aspire F5-573-521B. It's arrived yesterday. The metal plate where the keyboard is placed is giving me electric discharges when the laptop is charging. Although, when the laptop is only on the battery, the discharges stop.How do I must proceed?

Hi,

I guess you are from Brazil, if tha's correct, contact the service centre:https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/service-contact

• alfredojoseneto
    alfredojoseneto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes! Thanks.

• slnacer
    slnacer Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi
      May I kindly know how respective Acer service centres resolved this shock in keyboard issue as I am curious bcos same issue I have in e5-575 model .
    Sorry for barging in
  • slnacer
    slnacer Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I request if possible those folks who reported the issue here to let me know how their respective service centres in countries solved the problem .this would help me in my case as well
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi,

in general any service center would take this concern in priority basis. do not delay in reporting this situation. I would recommend you to contact your acer support to get this addressed and corrected.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer