Acer E5-511 Windows 10 Home x64

Options
Chris86
Chris86 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi there,

I currently run Windows 10 Home x64, Build 14393 - Anniversary Update on my Acer Aspire E5-511, S/N NXMPKEZ014*************.

Am I safe to update to Build 15063 - Creators Update, even though Acer has not tested the deivce? Thank you.

Link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-creators-update

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,158 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Your laptop will work with build 15063 but you may have to rely on Windows for drivers, you can also get the drivers from your WiFi card, Sound card, Touchpad manufacturers, if needed. I would suggest you to backup the whole system and try the new build, if you find it too problematic, revert back to your backed up copy of Windows version.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,158 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Your laptop will work with build 15063 but you may have to rely on Windows for drivers, you can also get the drivers from your WiFi card, Sound card, Touchpad manufacturers, if needed. I would suggest you to backup the whole system and try the new build, if you find it too problematic, revert back to your backed up copy of Windows version.

• ARUH
    ARUH Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi 

I am interested to know if you updated to the Creatores edition and if you came across any difficulties.

My Acer laptop F5-573 is on the list, but still I'd like to hear of other's experiences.

• Chris86
    Chris86 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi,

Acer has finally updated their device list with the Aspire E5-511 for being suitable to install Windows 10 Creators Update. However, I still encounted a problem after successfully updating to build 15063.

The Synatipcs touchpad stopped to work and updating the driver did not work either. After looking through the Microsoft forum, I've found a quick fix:

KashifKhoso replied on July 3, 2017

I had same problem after updating to Windows 10 Creators Update, Synaptics trackpad device completely disappeared from Device Manager.

And I fixed this problem by uninstalling "Intel Serial IO" driver and reinstalling it back.

I tried repairing Intel Serial IO drivers but didn't work. Only uninstall and reinstall back will work.

My laptop is Acer Aspire E5-511.

I hope this solution will work for others aswell.

Thanks.

Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/synaptics-touchpad-not-working-after-creator/661438d2-87eb-4d78-baaa-c0c57bce7c8d

I have used the Intel Serial IO Driver 604.10135.1001.53001 to repair the touchpad, and it worked at first try!

Regards, Chris