Acer E5-511-P34X black screen

WOUH
WOUH Member Posts: 6 New User

hello there, I have already read few similar problems and as I see, ACER is not going to help with this issue. I am writing only to show that it is a very common.problem, and now I am forced to throw away my laptop. Just in case I will explain situation. Jude my laptop only for movies and music, it is always on the table , no cracks, no scratches. I use windows 10. And yesterday it just turned off and now doesn't turn on. I tried to check cables inside(which means you guys don't care anymore), they are okay, screen is ok. So I read some forums and it is obvious that it it is a bios problem, I tried to fix it faith flash, doesn't help, later I read, that it doesn't help for other people as well and you have no answers, only ponting to Microsoft company, it is ridiculous. I am very disappointed and never will buy acer production and tell everyone who I know about it. I hope in the future you will solve this problem and save other people from being basically robbed. Thank you.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Do you have the Windows update set to download and install automatically?

• WOUH

yes, I do have an automatic update, but how it is going to do that when I can't log in?

• philetus

I'm wondering if it installed a non- Acer video driver before it went black.

• WOUH

no, I havent changed anything. And I know, taht lots of people have same problem. I will just change my laptop, because I dont think it is worth to repair it.

• philetus

When you start it,does it stay on and after a while does the curser appear?

• WOUH

it stays on. No cursor, nothing, plain,black screen. No light.

• philetus

You may have tried this already, but shine a flashlight into the screen on an agle and try to see if you can see anything on the screen.

• WOUH

yes, I had, screen is ok. But thank you anyway!

• gargss
    gargss Member Posts: 13 New User
    Hello, Do you have Acer Recovery Boot USB drive ? It may help reboot/restore yor laptop , I hope .
  • WOUH

hi, yes, I have tried to use flash and hard drive to rewrite BIOS, dozens of times, but it seems that laptop is not workint as it supposed to work during this process. Blue light is not blinking etc... I have wathed and read lots of tutorials for BIOS flashing, but it seems that this model is just a piece of rubbish. Thank you

• jLu
    jLu Member Posts: 10 New User

This seems to be a major issue for many people (and many Acer models).  I'm having the same issues with an Acer Aspire ES 11.

• Angel1128
    Angel1128 Member Posts: 8 New User

I know exactlly how you feel I have two computers that did the same thing, I however, will not give up I have been working on computers for a very long time and this has me stumped. I paid for my desktop and only got on it once and then black screen. It is acting like it's a server instead of a computer. I don't even get the acer logo on it so I can't even get to the BIOS, I have how ever watched some very informative video's on utube about the black screens. There is one that tells you that you can take and download the BIOS on a flash drive, put it into your computer and turn it off then back on. The BIOS should the download onto the computer. But I tried it too, Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I won't give up till I find the solution. I can just chuck them in the trash. But If i do find the solution I will keep you informed. I do not work for acer, I am indapendant and I work on computers as a hobby only. But will help you if I can.

• Angel1128
    Angel1128 Member Posts: 8 New User

Can you send it to me to work on or at lease try to work on??? at least let me try???