Acer E5-471G won't turn on

Options
memo22
memo22 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer E5-471G Notebook, a few days ago I was formatting my PC to Windows 10, during installation, it reached 83% and then it suddenly turned of (the charger is plugged in). and then it won't turn on anymore, i did tried to drain the electricity by holding power for 30+ seconds, twice, but still nothing happend

and after a few days it turned back on, and I proceed to my format, again.

and then after i finished the installation, it happened again, but this time, the PC heats up every time i plug the battery/AC and press the power button

Any help would do, thanks!

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi memo22

Acer state that the E5-471G is compatible with Windows 10, but not the November update! So there are two possible scenarios here:

1. Your laptop is not compatible (at least at the moment). This may change depending on what Microsoft applies to the next update

2. It's not neccessarily a Windows 10 problem. You could try to revert back to Windows 8.1 & use it for a few days. If no problems occur, then it will be incompatability with Windows 10. If the same problem occurs, then it won't be an OS problem - it will be an issue with your laptop.

It's not an easy one to solve, I'm afraid. It's a case of trial & error. Let us know how you get on!

• memo22
    memo22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for replying...

I was planning to revert back to Windows 8.1, but somehow until now the laptop won't turn on. 

Some people said it's a motherboard problem, and some said it's the BIOS because the BIOS installed in this computer is not the correct one (insyde H2O v1.25) and what i saw in the Acer Drivers and Manuals support is v1.21

Also, i managed to check the BIOS and boot options the last time it worked

Settings:

UEFI mode

Secure Boot: Enabled

first Boot priority: HDD

in my own analysis the nearest problem i can possibly find is the motherboard CPU regulator, a part that controls overheating.

i'm not really sure if that's what caused it, so maybe sooner or later i will bring it to the Acer Service, the warranty is already out though.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

I think you may be right - it could well be the motherboard.