Acer E15 screen keeps shutting off but the fan is still running?

Options
yargueta
yargueta Member Posts: 3 New User

My laptop screen keeps shutting off every 10-15 minutes or so but the fan keps running and the blue "on" light is still on. It only just started doing that. I've managed to get to my desktop screen and shut it off manually, then started it up again half an hour later with the same result.The only way to get it to stop running the fan is to force it off by holding down the power button. I've tried shining a light on the screen but it's well and truly off, so I don't think it's a problem with the backlight. Finals week is next and I really can't afford to lose this laptop. Please help!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

When it goes off, try moving the screen back and forth and see if it tries to come on.

The cable goes thru the hinge and some get worn, short out or break or are you saying that it doesn't come on anymore when you start the laptop because it sounds like you started off with the screen going off intermittantly and progressed to it's gone.

• yargueta
    Options

The laptop and laptop screen will both come on like normal and after exactly 10minutes the screen will go completely black, backlight off and everything, but the fan will start up and continue on for as long as I let the laptop sit. Nothing I do wakes the screen back up. Just now I tried to boot it up in safe mode and it gave me a blue screen that says my laptop ran into a problem and to search up: whea_uncorrectable error. It also said it was gonna restart my laptop for me but even though it says 100% complete, it still hasn't restarted.

• philetus
    Options

Do you have the CPU over clocked? Has it over heated. 

Windows 8.1 or Win 10? Did this start after upgrade to Win 10?

Figure out about when it started and uninstall Windows updates as close to before it started.

Interesting info here

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2039223/whea-uncorrectable-error-bsod-message.html

• yargueta
    Options

I've had windows ten for a few months now. I'm currently trying to reset my laptop only to have it tell me it's crashed and it has to restart. And it restartes and I'll try to reset it again and the same thing will happen over and over again

• philetus
    Options

Try tapping f-10 at start up and see if recovery will start. It will be recovering out of Windows and maybe will be able to complete.