Acer E1-571 0x0000185 error code

Options
mehr
mehr Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I have one acer e1-571 running windows 8 on it.

Recently, when I want to turn on my laptop, I faced the blue screen with error code : 0x0000185.

I searched here and other websites, that I need boot disk and recovery disk(s) to repair.

I ordered them directly from acer, and they send me: 1 system disk, 3 recovery disks and 1 language disk.

I tried to recover my system by starting booting my laptop by system disk. After system booted by system disk and choosing the language, I reached to a page for recovery with 3 options: restore operating system to factory default, completely restore computer to factory defaults and EXIT.

BUT, my problem is I can not choose the 2 first options for restoring and I can just choose exit (as you can see in attached picture).

Is there any suggestion(s) what's wrong with it or did I have any wrong steps.

Best Regards.IMG_20160414_244144782_HDR.jpg

Answers

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
    Options

Try hitting f12 when turning on the system. It should give you the boot menu and you may be even able to run diagnosis from there.

Google for "open source recovery cd", look for The Ultimate Boot CD, Hiren's, things like that. Live CD's are the way to go here.

Start with the basics. Check your hard drive and memory. If they pass, back up any data (if any) using parted magic then reinstall windows.