Acer Aspire e5-411g windows 10 shutdown problem and bios downgrade

Flaco
Flaco Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi everyone. Since I upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I've been having shutdown problems
Every time I want to shutdown or even restart it, screen freezes and laptop keep working: fan is moving,
and some leds keep turn on. If I want to turn off my laptop, I have to keep press i/o button for 3 seconds.

After windows upgrade I realized that touchpad was dead. Looking into forums I found out that solution was to
update bios and select basic option instead advanced. I installed 1.16 bios version available in acer website:
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5397;-;Aspire%20E5-411

After bios update, touchpad became operative but I got other problems. I googled looking for a solution for shutdown
problem. Common solution to that issue indicates that you must downgrade intel management engine interface from 11 or
10 version to 9 version. When I tried that, wizard installer said my system is not compatible with it so I discarded
that solution. Then I thought that updating all drivers from acer support website could be a solution. I started updating
audio driver but a few seconds installing started screen freezed. I tried installing other drivers, but screen freezed
all times.

Finally I concluded that all my problems are due bios update. Can someone guide me how to downgrade bios please.

Answers

• DEOYE
    DEOYE Member Posts: 1 New User

AM FACING RESTART AND WINDOW SHUTDOWN PROBLEM

PLS ANY CORRECT SOLUTION IS WELCOME. THANKS

MY SYSTEM MODEL ACER ASPIRE E5-411G...