Acer Aspire Recovery 'Your PC Needs to be Repaired'

Options
Razanaji
Razanaji Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an Acer Aspire E1-571, which runs on Windows 8. I've been having some problems with my laptop recently, I've had it for about two years now, and today I attempted to start up the laptop only to be met by a blue screen saying,

"Recovery
Your PC Needs to be Repaired
The Boot Configuration Data is missing some required information.
File :\BCD
Error Code: 0xc0000034
You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB drive), contact your system administrator or product seller."

I bought my laptop with Windows 8 already installed, if I remember correctly, so I don't have any installation media. My warranty time has run out, so I can't access the Acer Help or Fix. From what I understand, from here I have two options - either I buy the recovery disc, resetting my computer to the original settings and losing all my data, or it will turn out that there is a problem with the hard drive itself and that will need replacement.

Is there a way of running the Recovery Disc without losing my files? Or even just a way of retrieving my files on their own from the laptop? I have some important photos as well as a great deal of Microsoft Word documents that are important to me on the laptop, unfortunately I don't remember having any backups.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Find where is the HDD on the back of your E1, open the slot with a screwdriver, take off the HDD and connect it to another PC using a external SATA to USB dock, copy your files.

or

make a bootable media (CD, USB pen) with Ubuntu OS inside, try to boot from the Live version and copy your files from HDD to USB pen.

I'm not an Acer employee.