Acer Aspire M5 Screen problem please help

Options
shabam44
shabam44 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have had this  Acer Aspire M5 for a little over a year. Today after not signing on for three days i log on to my laptop. Never have had this problem before but, i have spontaneous black lines appearing on my screen in random places. This will go on for about 15-20 minutes and then my laptop screen will go fuzzy. And i can't do anything execept restart and wait for it to happen again. I restarted my latop didn't help. I saw a driver Intel(R) Display Audio was not working I got an error 10 code when looking at it. I disabled the driver it did not help. I uninstalled the driver it did not help. I put in safe mode did not help. I hit shift + f8 at start up screen and that did help for a a few hours. Then the problem began again. Then I reset to previous date where the problem did not occur and that helped for a few hours as well. I did diagnostic scans and it did not find hardwares issues. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

I suggest you to perform a reset using the battery pinhole at the bottom of your computer. You may completely power OFF the computer, disconnect the AC adapter. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer The battery reset pin hole would have battery symbol near the hole. Reconnect the AC adapter, and resume normal use. Also check if any new windows updates were installed on your computer.

Post back, if issue persists. Please specify the exact model number and operating system shipped with your computer.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• shabam44
    Options

Appreciate the suggestion, I just tried upon restart the black lines came back and the screen went fuzzy (actually quicker than it has all day). I just check my drivers again and it said the Intel (R) Display Audio was not working woith a Code 10 and power source not activated.  The laptop is an Acer Aspire /M5-583P-6428. Running Windows 8.1 Intel Core i5 4200. Appreciate any other suggestions.

• shabam44
    Options

After playing around a bit more, it seems that the black lines only occur when the power cord is plugged in. Upon removal all issues stop. So it seems to be either the actual cord or the cord jack

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,
    If you have lines & Fuzzy Display, get to BIOS by hitting F2 on Acer Logo Screen, if the display still has the same issue, its better to check with Acer for a service.