Acer Aspire M loses ethernet connection after a while and chrome crashes. Help! Please!

Options
huangjustin93
huangjustin93 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi

I've had my Acer Aspire M for about 2 years now. About a month and a half ago my computer started to lose ethernet connection after a while. My wifi works still works though.  At the same time that my ethernet connection stop working/becomes limited connectivity, chrome starts to freeze up and work in spurts. If I click while it's frozen it crashes. When I restart my computer, it works again. However, eventually this will happen again.

This may be a seperate issue but during the same time period my webcam would become fuzzy and only show colors like purple/green. Recently, however the webcam has fixed itself. The restarting computer trick didn't fix this when it was a problem.

Is there some way to tell if this is hardware problem or a software problem?

Thanks!

Answers

• huangjustin93
    Options

Hi

I've had my Acer Aspire M for about 2 years now. About a month and a half ago my computer started to lose ethernet connection after a while. My wifi works still works though.  At the same time that my ethernet connection stop working/becomes limited connectivity, chrome starts to freeze up and work in spurts. If I click while it's frozen it crashes. When I restart my computer, it works again. However, eventually this will happen again.

This may be a seperate issue but during the same time period my webcam would become fuzzy and only show colors like purple/green. Recently, however the webcam has fixed itself. The restarting computer trick didn't fix this when it was a problem.

Is there some way to tell if this is hardware problem or a software problem?

Thanks!

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,073 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

1- What model do you own exactly?

2- Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • huangjustin93
    Options

Hi Laurent

My acer is the aspire M5. The serial is NXM7FAA002.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You own an Aspire M5-582PT.

What OS do you use?

France
  • huangjustin93
    Options

I use Windows 8.1. I hadn't had any updates when the problems started occuring.

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Have you tried to reinstall the wlan driver:

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver10.0.0.263251.4 MB2013/10/09Download
    France
  • huangjustin93
    Options

My wireless works fine though. Would this fix the ethernet part?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

May be. This is the same driver for both devices (Wifi and Lan).

France