Acer Aspire F5-573G-59AJ and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (1st gen) audio interface - USB related

Options
lztoniolo
lztoniolo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I've just got a new laptop Acer F5-573G with the specs.txt attached in attachments area.
The problem with my Scarlett 2i2 (first gen) is: it needs to be detached from USB and retached again once Windows 10 gets up and running to get it working back. If I simply leave the USB connected to the computer, in the next initialization after shutting down or restarting Windows 10, Scarlett will not be working again until I disconnect and reconnect the USB port again. I've already tried almost everything like: following the Windows 10 optmization tips from Focusrite (link: Windows 10 Optmization Youtube video - I've whatched the whole YouTube video), changed all the energy plans, turned off fast boot, etc etc.
I don't know if it is some driver related problem or if this new laptop deals with USB ports pretty different than my old laptop Dell Inspiron 15R 5537.
Could you guys give me any advice on thought on that to try out here? Maybe the laptop handles the USB ports in a different way that I still don't know how to control. I've tried to go to the BIOS and check if there is any USB Legacy feature to turn on or off.
Anyway, I hope you guys can give some light PLEASE. Its pretty annoying to have to disconnected and reconnect the USB port to get my audio interface working back everytime I need to use it. Thanks! I will be waiting for some response...

Link for my one drive to check my Acer Notebook specifications: Notebook Specifications

Youtube video showing my trouble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfUu39OrJxk&feature=youtu.be

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

This system has standard USB ports: one USB 2.0, one USB 3.0 and one USB-C port. Try connecting a USB mouse or keyboard to the system and power off then back on. If those devices work ok, then you know the USB ports are functioning as they should. This may be some kind of incompatibility with the device you are using but you might check with the vendor of that device to see if they can offer any suggestions. 

• lztoniolo
    lztoniolo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've already made contact with Focusrite and they are trying to help me. I did almost everything to get this working back, but nothing seems to be useful.

They sent me new beta driver to test: no success;

They asked me to do the following steps:

"Ben Dandy (Focusrite )

Hi Luiz,

Thanks for your reply. 

We usually find that the following optimisation steps resolve this issue - whilst I appreciate it looks as though you may have already run though some of these options, please ensure all steps have been completed;

Please ensure you have disabled power saving mode for USB devices:

In the device manager (Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager), in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section, right click each USB Root Hub, choose Properties > Power Management and untick the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.

USB Power

If using a Laptop, it could also be worth checking the general power management of your computer:
    Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.
    Set the Power Scheme to High Performance (if this setting is not available, click on Show additional plans first). Then click on Change plan settings. On the next page set both Turn off the display and Put the computer to sleep to Never.

Power Options

Then click Change advanced power settings. In the window that opens make sure you have the following settings:
    Hard disc > Turn off hard disk after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
    Sleep > Sleep after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
    USB settings > USB selective suspend setting > Setting = Disabled
    Display > Turn off display after > Setting (Minutes) = Never
    Processor power management > Minimum processor state > Setting = 100%
    Processor power management > Maximum processor state > Setting = 100%

Please note, not all options may be available.

It could also be worth checking for any available USB/Chipset driver updates for your motherboard."

For my really bad surprise, every time I try to change the Advanced Options in my Power Options Menu, the Advanced Power Options gets freezed and crashes, so I can't change any of those settings. It's happening ALL the TIME, in all situations (after rebooting, shuting down, etc.). I don't know if it's a Windows 10 related bug or something related to this Acer laptop.

AS I've already tried almost everything, from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers (beta), changing the Universal Serial Bus to do not save energy and so on, and as the soundcard starts perfectly only when I start the computer for the first time of day, with the USB connected (works for all the 2.0 and 3.0 ports), this annoying trouble must be related to some chipset configuration of this Acer laptop.

I'm using the very lastest driver avaiable in Acer website, so there is nothing more I can do I gues. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.