Acer Aspire F15 Keyboard not working at all

Russ2
Russ2 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

I put my laptop to sleep and when I tried to start the next morning, the keyboard would not let me type in password. Managed to get in via onscreen keyboard.  Tried F F6 option as some have suggested but doesn't work without keyboard. Tried battery reset but so far this hasn't helped.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

Hi,

Did you leave the laptop to rest for a while after the completion of reset? If not, give it a try.

You could also try uninstalling the keyboard driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver, go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, go Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• bobeb
    bobeb Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,happend to me once as well when I've tried to enter BIOS.Press Alt+F2 or F10 or F12+Del(Cant remember which F-key was it but I've pressed all at the same time).Reboot laptop and it should work,anyway worked for me.

(Acer Aspire F5-573G-58GV)

• POTTIVENU
    POTTIVENU Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited October 2018
    Hello,

My acer aspire f5 571t 569t keyboard stopped working all of a sudden when my son was watching some video. I tried every recommendation available, but still the keys do not work. The touch screen works, power key works and the touch pad mouse works; but not one key works.

I tried to access the keyboard to see if the cable is loose, but cannot get access even after removing the back cover.

Can you please advice what can be done to get the key board working back? is there a utility to check the reason for not working? I am using an external usb keyboard, but very much would like to have the built in keys to be working.

Yours Truly

Venugopal N

• POTTIVENU
    One more observation is that if I do Ctrl + Alt + Del on the laptop keyboard, now the screen goes blank, earlier it used to give standard options. I am able to get the standard options when I press Ctrl + Alt + del on the external keyboard connected via USB.
  • DarkRaNgEr
    DarkRaNgEr Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Mr. Venugopal this would be some software malfunctioning issue. I would recommend to do a complete reset if you have performed any changes in the OS. Before doing a reset kindly back up of all important things from the device.

Thanks and Regards,

DarkRaNgEr

• POTTIVENU
    Thank you DarkRaNgEr. I have not done any changes myself other than the Microsoft Windows 10 updates that happen regularly. I need to copy all data on my hard disk into my network hard drive before I do reset? all data would get erased?

many thanks

Kindest Regards
    -Venugopal
  • POTTIVENU
    i did a reset through windows settings; but except that all existing applications and others were erased and a fresh install of windows 10 happened; the keyboard is still not working; except for the power button by God's Grace - else the laptop would have been completely useless - any other recommendations since having an external keyboard carried around beats the purpose of the laptop
  • Jbadiola95
    Jbadiola95 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Have the same problem with my Aspire F 15 F5-573G-78DC. I tried the the following and keyboard is still not working:

1) Turned the laptop on and off
    2) Filter-keys method
    3) Keyboard driver install-reinstall
    4) Tried the manual reboot of the battery using the pin
    5) Reset the entire laptop and remove all applications

No such luck, getting desperate to just open up this laptop and remove the battery. Advice would also be greatly appreciated!
  • JCGOVIND
    JCGOVIND Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have the same problem with my Aspire F 15 F5-573G-78DC. I tried the the following and keyboard is still not working:

1) Turned the laptop on and off
    2) Filter-keys method
    3) Keyboard driver install-reinstall
    4) Tried the manual reboot of the battery using the pin
    5) Reset the entire laptop and remove all applications
    The backlit of the keyboard is also not working
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Jbadiola95 and JCGOVIND,

We inform you that it is necessary to create a new (or) question / topic in the corresponding forum to improve your visibility to the public where you can receive better attention and response to your query.

Regards,
    Acer-Manny