Acer Aspire ES1-420 Popping sound when playing Music & Video

Options
RhysJP
RhysJP Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, I recently purchased this laptop and the audio is creating popping sounds all the time when playing music or watching video and also when just clicking the sound icon in the taskbar, when you make it do the "ding" sound in the windows taskbar at the begining of the ding and end of the ding there is a pop sound.

I uninstalled the Realtek drivers and found that the pop sound was no longer happening, but after another restart the pop sound returned with the default windows drivers.. I have tried a few Realtek driver versions now and they all make popping sounds.

I don't know what to do to get rid of the popping sounds, it is very annoying.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Go to Control panel, System and security, System and select Advanced system settings from left pane, go to Hardware tab, Device Installation settings, select No radio button to stop windows update your drivers.

Now you can install the driver 6.0.1.7564 from here:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6030?b=1 .HTH.

Capture.JPG

• RhysJP
    Options

Hello, unfortunately this is just one of the many things I have already tried.

The official drivers provided from the Acer website for my specific Laptop model act's no differently than the ones from Realtek's website, the same goes for having no drivers installed after a reboot, Windows 10 is not installing drivers by itself, I do not permit it to.

After searching for a while I found a similar problem with a different laptop > http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1541/~/why-do-i-hear-stuttering-or-popping-sound-when-playing-music-on-my-acer-aspire

That problem was fixed with a bios update, I unfortunately do not have a bios update to fix this issue, my understanding of the problem is that this is being caused by power saving feature of the laptop itself, Windows 10 is in no way causing this issue.

I have installed Windows 8.1 also to test if it acts the same and it does, using the drivers provided from the Acer website for my specific model of laptop, after discovering it acts the same I then performed a system recovery to get back to Windows 10.

I am probably going to need a bios update to fix this issue, is there any way to bring this issue to someone who can actually help me from Acer? as I understand it the people on this forum are just users trying to help each other or am I incorrect and there are people here who can actually help?

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Yes, most of us are ordinary users just helping others but there are some highly experienced Technicians watch these posts and reply but you need to wait until someone responds, i would suggest you to get in touch with the Acer service Centre in your region and put forward your requirement:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/support

scroll down for the contact details.HTH

• RhysJP
    Options

Recieved email asking if problem was resolved and to mark one as an Accepted Solution.

Problem is not resolved, laptop needs a new bios to fix the issue.