Acer Aspire E5-573g bluetooth device not enabled

Options
rica01
rica01 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi.

I have an E5-573G running Win10, i was using a bluetooth (BT) controller and it suddenly stopped working. I tried to re-pair the controller with the PC but was unable to do so because it wouldn't show in the detected list. I tried turning the BT off and on again via FN-F3, but when i tried to turn it on again, i wasn't able.

I can't seem to find a way to start the BT device. BIOS has no option. I reinstalled BT drivers and Acer QuickAccess to no avail.

Any ideas will be very well appreciated!

-Ricardo

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Go to Settings( click start and the wheel), Devices, select BT and other devices from left pane, try switch on with the slider button.

Capture.JPG

• rica01
    rica01 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Hi. That section in Settings is not available. I'm guessing because the BT device is turned off (by "hardware" via function key).

Untitled.png

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Did you check the device manager in Windows and note if listed/installed/disabled?  Reboot and run a device manager scan and see if comes up then?  Just tossing a few ideas to check. FYI, the bluetooth feature and WiFi are one in the same device hardware wise. Is the WiFi working? (ie: able to look for hotspots if you wanted to use it) If WiFi is ok, issue is most likely in the driver and its settings, least likely but can happen WiFi bluetooth module loose/bad, rare- mother board related.

• Tallbird
    Tallbird Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am having the same issue with my ACER-E5-575G Windows 10 laptop. Had my bluetooth over ear head set configured and working great for about 2 months then could no longer connect.  Tried the fn-F3 fonction, and everything else Dr. Google could give me.  I can still see the 2 bluetooth devices (Avantree Auditiobn & Stellé Pillar), but cannot connect to them or even remove them.  Windows diagnostics / Other Problems / Bluetooth -> informs me that bluetooth is not available on my laptop. 

I then updated the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter & Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers (and then a slew of new tests), but still no Bluetooth. 

Should I open a support ticket ?
  • Tallbird
    Tallbird Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem fixed!  

https://www.acer.com/ac/fr/CA/content/support, entered my serial #, then downloaded the Bluetooth pilot (NFA435) (2017/07/31, Version: 10.0.0.309)

Installed the Bluetooth driver, rebooted and voilà!  All is perfect now.  
  • rebayona
    rebayona Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I was facing the same issue: Bluetooth hardware suddenly disappeared. Nothing worked until I installed NFA435 Bluetooth drivers and it worked again. Thanks Tallbird for the heads up.