Acer Aspire E5-573 I would like to add 4 GB more - Ram upgrade.

Options
spandey
spandey Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

My laptop has 4 GB. I would like to add 4 GB more. Can you suggest a brand which just works for this laptop?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hi spandey,

You can find the brand part number of the memory module installed with HWINFO portable version (no installation).

Here are the original memory modules:

Spoiler
    KN.4GB07.023SODIMM.4GB.DDR3L-1600.KINGSTON
    KN.4GB0B.034SODIMM.4GB.DRR3L-1600.SAMSUNG
    KN.4GB0G.029SODIMM.4GB.DDR3L-1600.HYNIX

If your laptop is equipped with a Hynix memory, I suggest you to buy the same part or two new because you'll have issues of compatibility with this memory.

France
  • Munnalal
    Munnalal Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I want to upgrade my laptop with 16gb ram. Is it possible , i have 4gb ram in my acer e5-573-5108 laptop.

Pleasr help. 16gb can support.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Options
    According to the Acer datasheet, your laptop supports up to 16GB DDR3L (2x8GB) so you can upgrade.
    France
  • Sandeshms
    Sandeshms Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    My laptop Aspire E-15 (E5-573-36UY) (Model No: NXMVHSI02752910C657600) has 4 GB Ram, I would like to add 8 GB more. Can you suggest a brand which works for this laptop?
  • Sandeshms
    Sandeshms Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sandeshms said:
    My laptop Aspire E-15 (E5-573-36UY) (Model No: NXMVHSI02752910C657600) has 4 GB Ram, I would like to add 8 GB more. Can you suggest a brand which works for this laptop?
    please reply
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Hi Sandeshms,
    First you have to buy the same memory size 4GB since your processor doesn't support Intel Flex Memory Access e.g. 8+4GB. I would suggest you Kingston or the same memory module as the current one.
    Possibilities: 4GB+4GB or 8GB+8GB
    France
  • abhijit4law
    abhijit4law Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi Sandeshms,
    First you have to buy the same memory size 4GB since your processor doesn't support Intel Flex Memory Access e.g. 8+4GB. I would suggest you Kingston or the same memory module as the current one.
    Possibilities: 4GB+4GB or 8GB+8GB
    Intel itself says i3 5005U supports Intel Flex Memory Access. It's an i3 5th gen variation Acer model.
    So, it should support RAM variations.
    Look at this link
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/84695/intel-core-i3-5005u-processor-3m-cache-2-00-ghz.html

• Branden
    Branden Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Is it possible to install 
    (RAM) Kingston Fury Impact DDR3 (SO-DIMM) 8 GB CL11 1866 MHz on this laptop?
    Just everywhere write about 1600 MHz, but what about 1866? And what about CL** timing?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Branden,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• arrvinnd
    arrvinnd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My Laptop Acer Aspire E5-573-36UY

MODEL NO :- N15Q1

I want to upgrade a 256 gb ssd and extra 2 or 4gb ram please suggest which one and type is compatible and best. if possible please Mail me at arvind.trashmail@gmail.com

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

@spandey @Branden @Sandeshms @Munnalal

and all users of laptops with a soldered DDR3/4 RAM module and one free DDR slot who want to upgrade the memory, for Window11 you only need 8GB memory total (unless for professional video work or heavy gamers):

Install exactly the same DDR module as is onboard (soldered) so the laptop will run on dual channel (double your speed). To find out the specs of the DDR onboard run this command in an elevated (open as Administrator) Command Prompt:

wmic MemoryChip get Banklabel, Capacity, Configuredclockspeed, Devicelocator, FormFactor, Manufacturer, Serialnumber, Speed