Acer Aspire E5-571P keyboard not functioning

Options
SpiderManAPV
SpiderManAPV Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer Aspire E5-571P that I just upgraded the RAM in.  Everything is working great, and the RAM is recognized, but the keyboard is no longer working.  I've tried rebooting several times, re-connecting the ribbon, heck, even holding the ribbon in the port, but no keys are being recognized at all.  USB keyboards work just fine, but not the built in keyboard.  The touchpad and power button are also working just fine, just not the keyboard itself.  I also tried gently air-dusting the ribbon with no success.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance!

Answers

• HeyRoxie
    HeyRoxie Member Posts: 27 New User
    Options

Hi , Have you tried to reload the driver? also try and hook up a wireless key board and standard keyboard.. if those work your key board may be bad.. those connectors are very touchy and if you come into contact with the connector tips the nature oils from you skin will interfer with some of them.. ..

Let me know if that helps...

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,082 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello SpiderManAPV,

As HeyRoxie said, you could clean the contacts with a contact cleaner spray.

France
  • SpiderManAPV
    SpiderManAPV Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I have a USB wireless keyboard that I tried and that worked just fine.  I also reloaded the driver, ran the windows hardware troubleshooter, and cleaned all the contacts with an air duster with no success.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,082 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

In this case, your keyboard is defective.

Here are the part numbers:

NK.I1713.066KEYBD.US-INT.103KS BLK (CHICONY)
    NK.I171S.00WKEYBD.103K.BLACK.ARAB.WIN8 (SUNREX)

You can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store in using the customer service form.

In the form:

1- You select in "Please Select a Subject: Other"

2- In "Describe the Problem:", you indicate the S/N of the laptop.

3- Example:

"Price request for the following spare parts:

- P/N, description

- Etc"

You'll receive a quote by mail (pdf document). You can also phone them.

France