Acer Aspire E5-571 laptop mouse malfunctioning.

Options
brandiwyne
brandiwyne Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Acer Aspier E5-571 laptop. My mouse has been malfunctioning for awhile now and I cannot find anything on the internet to help aid me in figuring out my problem. My computer will be working fine along with my mouse pad. Every now and again, my mouse pad will start freaking out. If I try to scroll and click off the scroll bar, it won't let me. So every time I move my mouse, the page follows it regardless. Then after that happens, my mousepad will only allow me to use two fingers to work the pad and click. Once that happens, I have about 5 minutes before it switches to 3 finger touch, then 5 finger touch, then completely nothing. I have to manually shut down my computer by using the power button. When I first had this issue I made sure my mouse pad was up to date on everything, which it still is. Yet, tonight it did the same thing where it just completely stopped letting me use the mouse pad. Once I turn my laptop off and back on or if I'm able to reset it, the mouse starts working as normal. I have not uninstalled the driver because I do not have another mouse to use if my mousepad is disabled or uninstalled. I would think paying $500+ dollars for this laptop, I would not be faced with this issue. I owned an acer laptop that came with windows 7 and I never had any problems with that laptop and it's still working 6 years later. What can I do to fix this issue before I lose my mind? It likes to do this to me when I'm in the middle of an exam online for my college classes. It literally is driving me insane! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!