Acer Aspire E5-551G AMD Catalyst Control Center not working

Neven009
Neven009 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, 2 weeks ago i bought a Acer Aspire E5-551g laptop and since then i cant go to the amd Catalayst control center and swich betwen my 2 graphic cards. Every time i try to go right click->graphick properties or configure switchable graphics i get a amd eror msg. that says "AMD Catalyst Control Center  cannot be started....." I dont know what to do with it...i tryed uninstaling the control center, instaling the other one from the amd site, updating all the drivers (it gives me the msg. that all my drivers are updated.) I asked in the store where i got the laptop and they dont know what to do. So far nothing has worked...I hope someone has a solution or advice for me what i could do...and everytime i try to star a heavyer game or 3D sculpting program my screen goes black, then turns off, then turns back on and says "amd stopped working and has recoverd" I had win 10, 64 bit preinstaled in the store.

prob1.pngprob 2.png

Answers

• Neven009

Didnt work for me...
    1. for the enduro i sould be able to go in the catalys control center but i cant open the program, so this option is not good for me.

2. i changed some setings for the battery, the plugged ones are the same(all on maximum), still nothing.The windows is forcing the integrated one only not switching to the other one. 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i will highlight this...maybe there is something new to add.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    What program are you unable to open? Is it the Catalyst Control Center (what version)? Have you tried seeing if AMD has an updated driver on their site? Can you attach a screenshot of what you are seeing in the control center when you try to change the graphics?
  • Neven009

Update!!

I managed to uninstall Catalyst and reinstall it with the cd i got with my laptop. The Catalyst is working now, but when i try to put some value on max (in the catalyst), the screen goes black and i get the msg. "display driver stopped responding and has recovered "and turns off....and every time i turn my laptop the screen goes black, then turns on but freezes, and the laptop starts beeping and goes back black (this happens approx 2/3 times every time i turn it on), sometimes it stays black with the the pointer loading, and most of the time after all of that i can use ma laptop, but first i get like 5 "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" msgs. and amd catalyst needs you attention. And i can't change anything in the Catalyst because the screen will go black again...and i need to put my battery in so i can turn it on and change everything to default....
    Ill put a video here from youtube when i upload it..

Sorry for not responding i had finals on college this month and i had to use my laptop as it is, because i needed it and i didnt have time to fix it or wait till the service fixes it ...

[inappropriate content removed]

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Unfortunately, I don't really have a suggestion on how to resolve this other than to try not setting the value to the maximim, or to try reloading the OS. Does it work at maximum setting for any application, or does it only give you an error with specific ones?
  • Neven009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MldseY_XpSk

In the video im trying to start World of warcraft, its not a very heavy graphic game as you probably know.The video would be longer but i didnt see that it would make any difference because i didnt change it keep going like that eroring..This is the first time i tried to start a game and the laptop didn't shut down like it normally does. But still couldnt go in the game.

This happens with every game i try to start exept Sims 4  and Outlast. I cant start even photoshop sometimes...