Acer Aspire E5-522g-84zh Can not access BIOS. Pressing F2 gets me to windows boot manager. Help!

Options
mtroskot
mtroskot Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello. I have got a new laptop Aspire e5-522g-84zh. I can not access BIOS setup. Pressing F2 gets me into windows boot manager. I already had this problem 2 days after buying the laptop and had it repaired. Today the same problem all over again. I dont want to get it serviced again as I need it, i dont want to wait 20 days for the CMOS battery getting pulled out again. I wanna know why this is happening and also if there is any way to fix it without opening the laptop itself as I have got warranty for one year.

Best regards, Marino

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

What Windows are you running and is it EUFI? See if this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM9UyNcSEU0

• mtroskot
    Options

Thank your for your answer. But my BIOS mode is legacy not UEFI as I changed it when installing windows 7 x64 which I am running now. It boots normally to windows just when I want to enter BIOS setup it is impossible. F2 gets me to windows boot manager. And while POST screen is displayed there is no classic message Press F2 to enter BIOS.
    Marino

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Don't wait hoping to see the message. As soon as you push start, start rapidly tapping F2.

• mtroskot
    Options

Thank you. The problem is not have fast do i press it as no matter how fast I press it F2 gets me directly to windows boot manager not the BIOS setup.
    Marino