Acer Aspire E5-473G NVIDIA (code 43)

Options
Jc07
Jc07 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi! I've been stucked with this problem since I bought this laptop, it's preinstalled with windows 8.1 and I recently upgraded it to windows 10, I upgraded because I thought that it's gonna fix the problem, but it didn't. still I'm using this laptop with the Intel hd4400, I'd like to be able to use it on graphic demanding programs. I literally tried everything that I could, from reinstalling nvidia, to reinstalling drivers from nvidia's website, upto cleaning my registry and clean installation again, and so much more you name it.

so here are the problems:

1. I can't open the nvidia control panel(like literally, nothing's opening or showing up.)

2.there's an error code (43) in device manager

somebody please help me, I'm literally giving up about this.

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Well I can toss a few ideas at you.  For this model I see on Acers site Win10 drivers. I also see bios updates, one says VBios- kinda a red flag for video affected update. I would update to current bios. Next download the chipset driver, video drivers for intel and nvidia all in that models section- Acer Aspire E5-473G (subset number not matter)

Install chipset then the intel video then nvidia. Important, don't use the auto install method for these drivers. In this case download the zips, extract and see the "exe", open that with say zip7 and you see the real installers. Install from those files...aka manually. The auto installer will not over ride drivers windows already has so by manually choosing and telling operating system yes to use these downloaded drivers (even if thinks wrong or older) you over ride the problematic windows drivers currently in use.  Windows for all it's worth still tends to get stuck in what I call plug and pray mode and will use a wrong driver and stick too it unless you over ride that default choice windows made. See if doing this corrects your problem.

• Jc07
    Options

Thanks for the response @Trukntigger! I don't know if I followed it right, I'm currently in 1.09 bios whereas the Vbios update is in 1.04, 1.04 Vbios update will be a downgrade for my current bios, isn't it? also my laptop's built in battery is messed up so I'm getting this "DC detect error" in bios update program I think. (see attached screenshot). Do you think it's all the battery's fault that I need it to be replaced for me to be able to update to 1.04?ERROR.jpg

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

The latest BIOS for your system is 1.13:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.13_A_A.zip?acerid=635984728243883692&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-473G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

the V-BIOS is an old version and you already have 1.09, so you can't flash it...it's a downgrade

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jc07
    Options

hi @IronFly! thanks for the reply, may I ask if you are using the laptop as mine? Smiley Happy another question is, would i need to replace the battery for this laptop for me to be able to update? like you see in the pic it has an dc detect error. :3

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

no, i don't own your model.

about DC error, to flash BIOS you need to connect the AC charger and have the battery with other 50% of charge; so if the battery is lower or not recognised, you will not be able to flash it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Thanks Ironfly.  Once you update the Bios to most current, run those drivers as mentioned but do them manually, chipset first. That should correct the video driver errors. Please report back with results, go from there if problem remains.