Acer Aspire E3 112 Touchpad too sensitive

Options
bully
bully Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter

I've found a number of references to this problem but none that works, particularly with reference to this particular model under Windows 10 64 bit. I'm new to laptops and I like this machine, but i am finding it very difficult to get the hang of a touchpad and i think it would be much easier if it were not so sensitive. Can anyone help please?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

In this case, check if decreasing pointer speed helps (if you have not done this already). To do this, follow the steps below:
    1. Click "Start" and go to "Control Panel".
    2. Click "Mouse" to open Mouse Properties window.
    3. Click "Pointer Options" and decrease pointer speed to your comfort level.
    4. Click "Ok" to save the changes.

If the issue persists even after following the steps above, you are advised to contact nearest Acer service center using the link below for further assistance:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.

• bully
    Options

Thanks, but it's not the speed of the cursor. It's more the fact that as soon as you touch it it takes it as a click and things like scrolling are very difficult. Web pages with lots of 'traps' are a nightmare. Also there are different firmware updates but no indiction which one i should use (and not just for the touchpad). I've contacted Acer service but i'm still awaiting a reply, several days later.

• bully
    Options

So much for acer "service".

The singapore office (where the email went) eventually emailed back and said they could not help and told me to contact the UK office (service-uk@store.acer-euro.com) and they just keep bouncing my emails. Perhaps someone here can tell me which firmware i should use on this model. Please?

(Acer is now definately off my list of further  tech purchases)