Acer Aspire E3-112 Mouse Cursor Gets Stuck on Screen - Touchpad Unresponsive

Options
NatashaRoberts9
NatashaRoberts9 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi guys. I just bought a Windows 8.1 Acer Aspire E3-112-C6YY from Officeworks a week ago. It was the last one left in any store near me. It's been great so far but just last night when I unplugged my USB mouse, I noticed the touchpad stopped responding and the mouse cursor wouldn't move. My partner pressed Fn + F7 then pressed it again and it started working again and was fine until earlier today. The mouse/touchpad randomly 'gets stuck' and even completely stops working and I have to 'turn it on and off again' with those function keys. Sometimes it doesn't work immediately and is still stuck for a couple of seconds. This is happening every 5 minutes or so now. I'm worried it will stop working all together. The USB mouse doesn't do this so I think it's more of the touchpad itself not responding more than anything else. I'm not sure if this is a software issue as the laptop is brand new and everything should be up to date (I've been installing every new Windows Update that comes along) or if it's a hardware issue - I have Acer 1 year warranty but not sure if there's a simple fix for this rather than getting it sent off as my uni semester starts next week and I need it. I've been treating it gently, I don't leave it on all the time, I haven't dropped it or modified it in any way and I can't really take it back as this was the last model and I really like this laptop. Please help. Thanks Smiley Happy

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

In this case, you are advised to reinstall touchpad drivers and check if that work. To do this, follow the steps below:
    1. Go to http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    2. Type Aspire E3-112 in the box below "Search by Product Model" and click "Search".
    3. Once your product details are displayed on the screen, click "Driver" tab and download the latest touchpad drivers for your model. If you are not aware of which type of touchpad drivers (ELANTECH or Synaptics) you need to install, you are advised to refer to the computer's user manual for details.
    4. Follow on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, you are advised to take it back to the seller or contact your nearest Acer service center through the following link for further assistance:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hope this will help you.

• necroflo
    necroflo Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

hey!

i did have the same issue with win8.1 on this acer laptop. 

i just upgraded to win10 and now the touchpad isnt evenworking at all Smiley Sad

i found some other discussions about that. its definetly a driver problem and a pretty annoying one Smiley Sad

there are a lot of suggestions on the net...install newest bios, reinstall win and install the driver in correct order (IO, chipset, touchpad)... and so one. none of this helped me.

any further suggestions would be very appreciated Smiley Happy

thx