Acer Aspire E15 wont turn on

Options
Hansnguyen
Hansnguyen Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I press the power button, the keyboard lights up but the screen stays black forever, when it is working normally the keyboard isnt supposed to stay turned on but now it is doing it

Answers

• kmikszuta
    kmikszuta Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Dear Hansnguyen,

Have you dropped your unit or performed any BIOS update last days? If so then HDD/mainboard may be damaged. You can try to remove all removable devices from your unit and then try to power.

You can also try to take out the battery from your laptop >then press on power button for few seconds > put the battery in the laptop + AC adapter and then start to see if it helps.

Sometimes replacing the RAM helps if mainboard "hang up".  You can also test to connect HDMI cable to your unit and start to see if you get picture on external screen. Wish you great day ahead!

• Loopygram
    Loopygram Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

This looks like an older post but hoping i can get some help here. This morning my laptop froze. Couldnt even get the task manager so i shut the laptop down manually. Now it wont start at all. Before you ask, i havent dropped it or updated the bios or anything like that. I can find no way to remove the battery (who,s bright idea was that?) I pressed the start button for about 40 sec. But nothing happened.

Help would be appreciated.

Windows 10 - 64 bit

Acer Aspir E15

• dougc
    dougc Member Posts: 82 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Interim till a direct reply;

Tom's seems to have a loong list of scenarios w/ E15s not turning on.  Maybe one of them listed at the bottom of this thread, fits your situation ;

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2825956/acer-aspire-e15-shut-turn-back.html

"...can find no way to remove the battery (who,s bright idea was that?).."

Someone with a lot of experience/patience  with a pry tool  !?    Smiley Wink

Good Luck

D'

• TomislavCvitkovic
    TomislavCvitkovic Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello,

I'm having a problem with acer aspire e15, it was log off, and now when i open it it cant enter the windows. It stays only the picture of background. And when i try to turn it off, i cant it gets logged off. Cant remove battery, its nonremovable model. 

Help, tnx