Acer Aspire E15 it won't turn on

Opciones
jennygeee
jennygeee Member Publicaciones: 3 New User
editado marzo 2023 en Archivo del 2015

I have just bought an Acer Aspire E15 but I'm having problems turning it on.  It won't turn on, it lights up with the Acer icon then the screen goes black, the only way I can get it on is to keep trying, it seems I need to hold down the start key for several seconds for it to come in, it is hugely annoying, can anyone help please?

Respuestas

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Publicaciones: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Opciones

Hello,

As your laptop is under warranty, I suggest you to contact your Acer support by tchat or by phone.

France
  • Lumi8
    Lumi8 Member Publicaciones: 5 New User
    Opciones

Hi, I have the same problem, what did you do, did you have it repaired?

• jennygeee
    Opciones

We took it back to Currys and they sent it off for repair evidently it needed a new hard drive even though it was a new laptop. But they'd put on Windows 8 when it should have been Windows 10 plus the original hard drive was 1tb but they'd replaced it with 500gb. to say we were angry is an understatement! To cut a long story short, after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing they replaced it with a new laptop.

I hope you sort your problem out.

• Lumi8
    Lumi8 Member Publicaciones: 5 New User
    Opciones

Mine is out of warranty, I don't know if it's worth repairing if it's the hard drive, I will go to a repair shop to see.

I am under the impression that upgrading to Windows10 caused all the trouble. I reset the laptop to Windows 8, and it worked well again for one evening, but next evening it started all over again, shutting down. All started a few days after downloading Windows10, I wish I never did it! I read in this forum that other people complained of technical issues after windows upgrade.

Thanks for answering,

• jennygeee
    Opciones

I have another, older, laptop which I upgraded to Windows10 and I've had no problems at all with it - I hated Widows 8 but love Windows 10.

I hope you manage to sort out your problem.