Acer Aspire E15: Multiple Issues

Options
Psyents
Psyents Member Posts: 8 New User

I have an acer that I had gotten from walmart about 9 months ago. I am not a big fan of windows 8 so I had attempted to install windows 7. While in the instalation menus for windows 7 I had deleted the recovery partition and formated all other partitions. I then installed windows 7. I was ableto get passed the Acer logo Splash. I am currentley stuck on the windows starting screen. If I leave the computer alone while its "starting up" the W7 start up sound will chime, but my screen still stays on the windows start up screen. I have had the computer up and running on the start up screen in hopes that it is just a very long start up. 4 days go by and nothing still.

I have tried using DBAN and a couple other programs like it. However, the CD is not recognized as I am not even prompted to select any key to boot from CD (Memorax CD-R 52X 700Mb). I have attempted to Try and repair/re-install windows 7, my official Windows 7 CD is recognized, the screen shows loading bars that pop up when booting from windows 7 CD. Then right back to the start up screen. I no longer have the recovery disks as I had accidentley thrown it out.

I have a couple of question to go along with my main issue

1-Is is possible DBAN will not boot becasuse of it being burned to a CD-R and not a DVD?

2-Why is it when I try to boot from W7 DVD does it go back to the starting up phase instead of the installation menus?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you set BIOS to legacy mode?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Psyents
    Options

What exactley would booting in legacy mode do? Im just curious. 

• IronFly
    Options

Legacy mode will let you isntall old OS not UEFI/EFI compatible, since windows 7 need to be tweaked to sucessfully install under UEFI BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/186875-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows-7-a.html

• Psyents
    Options

Okay, trying now. 

• Psyents
    Options

So far so good, I am able to get into the installation menus for windows 7 and am currentley Expanding windows. 

Fingers Crossed.

• Psyents
    Options

It worked! Thank you so much, I almost payed 100$ to h ave some one look at it. I was at my wits end. 

Now they only issue from here is getting me Ethernet card drivers, as my device manager shows the yellow triagnle with the excalmation. If you have any suggestions for this, I would love it aswell. lol

• IronFly
    Options

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

• Psyents
    Options

Okay, After some digging I found the drivers. My WLAN & LAN is working, my sound is good. Only issues from here is my Graphics card. I have tried numberous things from being specific to the OS and graphics card, to installing and uninstalling differnet versions. 

When I look Device manager I get this12092740_10207928440517459_1454422553_n.jpg

The AMD catalyst Install Manager Shows up in my Avaliable programs.

When I try to personalize and change my cheme for the computer. My task bar is not the conventional windows 7 colored, transparent bar. It has a windows 98 quality to it. To me this indicates my driver might be out of date...but I have tried so many it shouldnt be it.

• Psyents
    Options

While I was doing some tincering I was able to get a prompt after trying to exectue the AMD Vision Engine Control Center.

Untitled.png

• Psyents
    Options

I ran a dxdiag

Untitled 2.png

• IronFly
    Options

You still had 2 yellow exclamation mark that need to be fixed.

please post also the standard VGA graphic card HardwareID