Acer Aspire E14 display adapters

Options
cylim
cylim Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

i recently bought an acer aspre e14, noticed that there are 2 display adapters which is nvidia geforce 820m & intel HD 5500. do i need to disabled the intel hd 5500? if yes, how can i do that?

i try disabled the intel hd 5500 at ther device manager, after that i still get the message "you are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU." while i try to open the Nvidia control panel.

pls assisst.

thank you & have a nice day.

Lim

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

No don't disable it.Go to Control Panel/ Nvidia Control Panel/ select manage 3D Settings/ Global Settings and select

prefered Graphics Processor. You can do the same in Set Physx Config.

Answers

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

No don't disable it.Go to Control Panel/ Nvidia Control Panel/ select manage 3D Settings/ Global Settings and select

prefered Graphics Processor. You can do the same in Set Physx Config.

• cylim
    Options

thanks, managed to change at the "Physx setting". but at the "manage 3d setting" after i changed & applied. when re-open it still back to "auto select". is it normal?

• philetus
    Options

Did you click apply setting?

Mine held the setting after I closed and reopened it.

• cylim
    Options

yes i did, but it doesn't. it just back to "auto-select" after close & re-open.

• philetus
    Options

Are you running as Administrator? I don't know if that would make a difference in this.

• cylim
    Options

yes i logged in as administrator. only able to keep the change on "Set PhysX Configuration",  not at "Manage 3D settings".

• philetus
    Options

Download the driver you are using. Completely uninstall the driver and then reinstall it, but right click on the install file and select "Install as Administrator". Then try saving the settings in Nvidia control center.

• philetus
    Options

Try this 

c:\programdata\

find "nvidia corporation"

right click > properties Smiley Embarassed Security Tab

Add "Everyone" and set Full Control.
    Delete any other user
    Apply to all folder and files inside

• cylim
    Options

all the setting are already as you mentioned as default, but it still the same. anyway thanks for your help. Smiley Happy