Acer Aspire E14 Black Screen Please help :(

jongboon
jongboon Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello. My laptop is just a month old but I've already experienced many problems with it. My current one is the black screen after startup.

After the Acer logo, only the black screen is showing. I can also move the cursor but nothing else is working. I plugged a monitor into the laptop and the monitor also shows the blank screen with cursor. I searched for solutions online so I tried Safe Mode. I've read that pressing F8 won't work in Windows 8.1 because of the fast startup so I opted to just restart a few times until the Recovery Options appear. So I was able to select Safe Mode (I pressed F4) but when it restarted, it still showed a black screen. But this time, there is no cursor. I plugged the monitor again but now it says "No Signal". I have restarted a few times and no Recovery Options appear.

I'm not really that familiar with computers and laptops so pretty much everything sounds like a jargon to me. Please help? Smiley Sad

Answers

• jongboon

Update! I tried closing the lid while the laptop's on and sleep mode seems normal. When I moved the mouse, the screen went on but it's still a black screen. But for a millisecond I saw the login screen flash!! Also, the wifi icon at the bottom left flashed twice too. I'm so confused. What's happening to my laptop??

• Daikon
    Daikon Member Posts: 12 New User

Hi, my friend recently experienced that exact problem (in a Lenovo Machine) and here's how I fixed it for him:

1. Boot to Startup Options Menu and select Troubleshoot.

2. In the Troubleshoot Menu, Select Refresh your PC. This process will take time, so its better to plug your laptop into a wall socket.

Note that you may need to insert a Windows 8.1 installation disc, but you may try the solution.

Also, this process will uninstall some applications, but will not delete your personal files. If the refresh is successful, you can find a "list" in your desktop which contains the applications removed by the process.

Hope this helps!

(Sorry for my bad English)

• jongboon
    Hi! Thank you for the reply! However, I won't be able to do this because I can't even get past the Acer logo. I might just have my laptop fixed since it's still on its warranty. But thank you again! I will take note of this procedure. Smiley Happy