Acer Aspire E1-571 on Windows 10

Options
ordie1
ordie1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My father has a Acer Aspire laptop. After ignoring Windows10 updates , Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided to push the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Since this has happenend, there is continual issues with the Wireless card. The connection drops out and won't reappear until the driver is reloaded. I have added a new USB network wireless adaptor and the same happens with this. If I restore the original Windows 8.1, the system will eventually by upgraded automatically.I will end up back in the same position.

On Acer's website it mentions that only specific models are supported on Windows 10 .. and my father's laptop isn't there.

Any advice?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

You could try different drivers for your WiFi card, what is the model of your card? You could try switching to 5GHz band if you have an AC router, try a different DNS provider(either google DNS or Open DNS) you can also ignore unnecessary networks(neighbours) in Network and Internet, Manage known networks. 

Could you please post the WiFi adapter make, model and the driver version.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

• ordie1
    ordie1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for coming back to me. I'm sorry for the delay.

I recceive the same results with these network adaptors:

Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 Wireless Networ Adaptor (default onboard)
    Windows Driver 3.0.2.201 27/02/2016

Edimax wireless nano usb adaptor
    Windows Driver 1027.4.63.2015 04/03/2016

Theres no options to change these to a 5GHz network. I have attempted to rollback the drivers to previous versions
    but that doesn't seem to work either. In my mind , if I get the same result using a different network card it would be unlikely to be the cause.

I don't think this laptop should be on Windows10 to begin with.. as mentioned it's not supported.