Acer Aspire E-15, E5-575G-57D4

Options
JnLu
JnLu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I was very excited to buy this laptop when I saw the price, but the thing that appealed to me the most was its supposedly 12 hr long battery life. However, when I received it in the mail yesterday, I was very disappointed after running a few games on it. The battery life seemed to only last about 2 hours when I was gaming, but the battery indicator says 8 or so hours. Why is the battery so inconsistent?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you need to give some charge/discharge routine before having the battery at its full potential.

the first time is better to give a full charge 100%, then you can connect to the AC charger at around 30/40% and let it charge to 90 or 100%.

after around 10-15 recharge, the battery will last more but remember that 12 hours is not on gaming (that's an heavy routine) but on documents/browsing.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JnLu
    JnLu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

FaultBattery1.pngFaultBattery2.pngFaultBattery3.png

FaultBattery4.png

I'm even more concerned with the battery now. After multiple discharge/recharge cycles, the battery still hasn't improved, and as shown by the screenshots above, the battery doesn't even last half as long as acer claimed. What is going on?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.