Acer Aspire E 15 Computer crashes at random times, only when HDMI cable is attached?

Options
Rhaydenactor
Rhaydenactor Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, I have an Acer Apire E 15 and I love everything about it, apart from 1 tiny issue. Basically, when I am streaming videos, with the HDMI cable attached and connected to my TV, at random times the screen freezes, the sound freezes awkwardly and I have to hold down the power button to turn it off and restart it. This only ever happens when the HDMI cable is connected. I've tried searching online about it but can't find anyone else mentioning it. I stream videos online constantly, whatever I'm doing in the house I'm watching tv shows online, on my laptop, constantly and never ever have this issue, it is it literally only when the hdmi cable is attached. Other than when the whole pc freezes and has to be restarted, there is no issue with using the hdmi cable. The picture appears on the connected TV sucessfully, the sound succesfully automatically plays out of the connected tv speakers, the ressolution is correct etc so I cannot work out what is going on! Can anyone help?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

can be a GPU driver issue, check if any drivers update is available.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

can be a GPU driver issue, check if any drivers update is available.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Rhaydenactor
    Rhaydenactor Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you! That seems to have fixed it! Fingers crossed it doesn't return! Thank you! 

• moonfisher
    moonfisher Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi Rhaydenactor

I am having exactly same issue for last few months.

Can you please share what made it fixed?

Thanks.