Acer Aspire Aspire E5-491G has a few seemingly perpetual driver issues

Options
Viiper
Viiper Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, I bought an Acer Aspire E5-491G a few months back, and I've been having some problems. I have not come here yet because I thought I would tackle these problems on my own, something that has not been working.

1) after sleep, one of my usb ports (3.0) shuts down. The first time, it went on until i changed the power settings for the root hub / 3.0 extensible host in the devmgmt. Then it stopped and came back later, where i fixed it by going to the power settings -> plan -> usb suspend settings -> disable. Then it stopped, and came back later, only to be fixed it by reinstalling drivers. Now it's back again and nothing works. What should i do?

2) I constantly have a problem with a certian driver: Generic PnP Monitor. It causes my computer to take forever to shut down / restart, only instead of shutting down/ restarting in the end, im met with a blue screen of death (DRIVER STATE POWER FAILURE). I uninstall the driver to keep the problem at bay for awhile. 

I've constantly had to cold boot my pc because of these and sometimes all of my icons are jumbled when I boot again. I want a way to permanently fix these problems. Thanks!