Acer Aspire 5750G driver help!

Options
PraiseKEK
PraiseKEK Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello all. I hope someone out there can help me as I'm currently pulling my hair out. So this is my current issue:

I have an Acer Aspire 5750G and I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10.

After a while of noticing my videos sometimes crashing with a horrendous buzzing noise I did a few online searches and discovered it was because my driver was not up to date. I discovered that acer did not have the driver I needed for my 5750G so I decided to downgrade to windows 7. Having done this I now have no access at all to the internet. I have tried the drivers that acer recommend but nothing seems to be working. I tried a driver search which gave me the drivers i need but still nothing.

If you need any more information just ask and I will answer fully as best I can.

Faithfully and with fingers crossed????????

Felicity ????????

Best Answer

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok. The download is a zip. Open and you have exe. Zip7 the exe- those are the files your after. Good luck. In end should be able ro fix. It is a driver issue.

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Options

Had to look up that model laptop- rather older. Shows it came with both wifi and ethernet. You say no internet. Is that on both wifi and hard wired? Next, if Wifi were you using the default windows utility to connect and manage it or a driver utility for the device itself? Most issues with Wifi is a conflict of settings between the windows wifi connection utility and the devices driver utility. Only one can be boss so generally just load driver for device and use the windows wifi manager. 

Other- was system fine on windows 8? You upgraded to 10, issues occured then roll back to 7? Was this a fresh start, ie: clean install? Ask because many times windows will run with most current driver looking at it by date even if prior driver worked better. 

• PraiseKEK
    Options
    Ok what I can tell you is I've been downloading driver software for windows 7.
    However, on my device manager, on other devices, network controller and SM Bus controller both have a small yellow triangle. When I go to driver software installation, both have a Red X and No Driver Found. Could this something?? I've searched and searched the internet but cannot find these Controller Drivers.

Answering your questions-no internet AT ALL. Could it be I'm putting in the incorrect ISP User Name and Password?? I don't think I am putting that in wrong.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Trukntigger
    Options

Has no internet, would need to take a pic with say smart phone..then post it.

• Trukntigger
    Options

Yes it is something.  Network controller is not active thus no internet. Bus controller also out of service. You need those drivers.  So.. go to device manager, your network controller, details, then there is a pull down box- pull down hardware Ids, you should see stuff like this PCI\VEN_8086&DEV24F3&CC_0280  as example. That is the hardware info windows uses to find correct driver for hardware. Try searching those ID codes for driver. 

As an aside, the order you install windows is important. I think your issues started by installing stuff in the wrong order. Look it up on web for details but after windows is up order usually goes chipset drivers first, network etc.  When done in wrong order things get messed up in windows- Like network installed then chipset which overrides and invalidates network drivers. Dates of drivers (version) also cause issues when newer installed but not work or correct and then correct one is older date and windows does not want too install a older driver.

• PraiseKEK
    Options
    Network Controller Hardware Ids:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4358&SUBSYS_E040105B&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4358&SUBSYS_E040105B
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4358&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4358&CC_0280

SM Bus Controller Hardware Ids:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_05041025&REV_04
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_05041025
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&CC_0C0500
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&CC_0C05
  • IronFly
    Options

about SM Bus, try the intel driver update software:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Network controller:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2014&lang=en

double click on the exe file and the run setup or install.exe

• PraiseKEK
    Options
    Hi, the intel driver wouldn't work.

Also, the second Dl is wlan Broadcom driver which I've already dld myself before! I have both lan and wireless Broadcom drivers installed if this helps???
  • IronFly
    Options

you posted the hardwareID so i thought you need it.

by the way, these is the latest available for windows 7.

about SMbus is part of intel chipset drivers:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Chipset/Chipset_Intel_9.2.0.1015_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634304176725127052&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%205750G&OS=711&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

try to re-install, if it still has a yellow exclamation mark, maybe you can try a manual driver installation, pointing to the Intel drivers folder (normally is in C:\Intel

• PraiseKEK
    Options

ok tht last Dl solved the SM Bus controller challenge. Now i shall try again with your last link that you gave me and try to fix the Network Controller AGAIN! 

• PraiseKEK
    Options

the driver updte utility 2.6 version says setup failed.

0x80072ee7 - Unspecified error

does this help???

• Trukntigger
    Options

Try manual install. Unzip / open the network driver package- zip7 will should work (free).  Next in device manage select the network controller driver - update and manually browse and select the package you downloaded and opened. If warning says not correct use anyway, do it and see.  

• PraiseKEK
    Options

ive tried to unzip but it wont let me do it. i did extract the files before putting them onto the Disk if thats the same thing perhaps?

• Trukntigger
    Options

Sent a pm to you. 

• Trukntigger
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok. The download is a zip. Open and you have exe. Zip7 the exe- those are the files your after. Good luck. In end should be able ro fix. It is a driver issue.

• PraiseKEK
    Options

YES YES YES ITS WORKING 

thanks ever so much youre an ABSOLUTE STAR.

Thank you again for your patience and persistence. 

PRAISE KEK & HAIL PEPE SO MUCH WINNING