ACER E5-411-C1Y4 DVD driver won't open and eject

Options
INeedHelpMe
INeedHelpMe Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
It opened once then I insert a disk and tried to watch it. Unfortunately, it wasn't read and suddenly I can't eject it. The button is not also working so I used a paperclip and got the disk out. I tried it again but the process is still the same. I tried several ways to solve the problem like updating the driver, reinstalling it, troubleshooting, but neither of them solve my problem. Can anyone help me? Your help will be much appreciated.

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

With no details given, no help can be given.

If a CD/DVD wont play then you try another to prove the disk is not faulty.  If several different disks won't wont play then you consider the firmware and software before the hardware.

So what type of DVD, movie OS or data?

What program was being used burner, player or explorer?

• INeedHelpMe
    INeedHelpMe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The DVD is movie sir. I tried several disk and it won't play. I also tried data but the the results are the same. Specifically, it won't open when click and the same goes with the button. I only use hair pin to open it. What can I do now?
  • doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

I have made 2 little png's to show possibilities.  My DVD is drive H:, yours could be D: or something else.

There is a popup box that asks what action to take with the inserted DVD, unless you have previously specified. 

The other screenshot is a Directory listing and by right mouse clicking get options for that drive.  Like EJECT BURN etc etc.

So if you cannot find anything similar, my thoughts are that a piece of software, app or OS is holding the DVD drive in it's power.

OR the drive is mechanically faulty.

imageimage